The Level 2 Award in Fire Safety is a qualification aimed at anyone involved in the management of fire safety in any workplace. This includes managers, supervisors, team leaders, fire wardens (marshals) and staff working in any area where there is a potential risk of fire.
Learners gaining this qualification will know that fire safety is the responsibility of everyone in the workplace and will recognise the consequences of a fire in any premises.
Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace
- Describe the characteristics of fire and smoke spread.
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion.
- Describe the components of the fire triangle.
Understand how fire risk is controlled in the workplace
- State the different methods used to identify and control fire hazards.
- Define the term ‘means of escape’ in relation to fire hazards.
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards.
- Describe methods of fire detection and raising the alarm.
- Describe the principle of how fires are extinguished.
- Describe how portable fire-fighting equipment should be used safely.
- Identify common fixed fire-fighting systems and where they might be used.
Understand the principles and practice of fire safety management at work
- Outline the duties of employers and employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace.
- Outline how to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace.
- Describe the stages involved in a fire risk assessment.
- Understand the role of the nominated fire warden
State the role and function of fire wardens in their workplace:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
- If they are not in their designated areas of responsibility when the alarm is raised.
Outline the content of a fire safety briefing. There will be a theory test at the end of the day. If any candidates have any learning difficulties or special requirements, please notify us upon booking
Level 1 courses can be arranged on request. We also offer a 1/2-day in-house fire safety course.
Should you need any more information or you wish to book a course then please email us at [email protected]