The 3-day first aid at work course is for employees who have been chosen to be the company first aider. This course will help the company meet their duties laid out in section 3(2) of the Health and Safety First Aid Regulations 1981.
In January 2018 there were some changes in first aid certification but do not worry as our course provider is already approved to deliver the new RQF 3-day level 3 First Aid at Work course at our training providers academy or at a venue of your choosing.
- First Aid at Work Regulations and Rules
- Accident Reporting
- Activating Emergency Medical Services
- Fears of First Aid
- Barriers - gloves and face barriers
- Initial Assessment and airway management
- Unconscious Breathing and Recovery Position
- The Heart
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attacks and CPR
- One Rescuer CPR
- Compressions only CPR
- CPR Handover to a Second Rescuer
- Introduction to AED's
Other Primary Care First Aid Problems
- Adult Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Serious Bleeding Management and Wounds
- Shock Management and types of Shock
- Spinal Injury Management
Specific Injury Management
- Injury Assessment
- Breaks, Fractures and Splinting
- Strains and Sprains
- Types of Wounds and Practice Bandaging different Injuries
- Embedded Objects
- Burns and Scalds
- Head Injuries
- Temperature Injuries - Heat Stroke, Heat Exhaustion and Hypothermia
- Eye Injuries
- Bites and Stings
- Crush Injuries
- Chest Injuries
- Electrical Injuries
- Illness Assessment
- The Respiratory System and Hypoxia
- Anaphylactic Shock
- Heart Attack
- Asthma and Respiratory Problems
Our training providers academy is large enough to accommodate 12 candidates which is the maximum allowed on the 3-day first aid at work course.
The course itself is an ongoing assessment with no end test. This again is proven to help candidates relax during the course and absorb more information. Throughout the training the instructor will demonstrate each section of the course and then the candidates will be expected to complete the task to the required standards.
Throughout the 3-day first aid training course the candidates will be expected to complete 2 theory question papers to ensure learning has taken place. With prior notice the question paper can be given verbally should a candidate have learning or language difficulties.
Once your 3-day first aid training has been completed you will receive an email first aid book that will keep you updated for the 3 years your qualification is valid. You will also be given the chance to subscribe to video refreshers that will be sent to you over the 3 years to remind you of how to carry out certain aspects of first aid.
Should you need any more information or if you wish to book a course then please email us at [email protected]