This two-day course is aimed at transport professionals who already possess a CPC in Road Freight Operations and whose knowledge needs updating.
The aim of the course is to provide an update on recent legislative changes and operator obligations, refresh some of the key CPC subject areas which are vital to effective and complaint road freight or passenger transport operation and to raise awareness of current best practices.
The Subjects covered are:
- Operator Licensing
- EC Drivers Hours
- Working Time Directive
- Environmental obligations and potential operator benefits (Legislative obligations and government/operator initiatives)
- Driver Licensing and arrangements (Inc. ‘Due Diligence’ and EU categories)
- Vehicle taxation (Inc. concessionary taxation schemes and supplementary tax/tariff schemes)
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Analogue and Digital Tachographs
- Road traffic management and enforcement (current DVSA and police areas of responsibility and activity)
- Vehicle roadworthiness (major items affecting fleet standards and enforcement)
- Vehicle weights and configurations (options of fleet configuration for operator resource optimisation)
- Loading and unloading vehicles (current driver and load safety standards and requirements)
- Threshold of Dangerous Goods and ADR requirements
- Road Traffic Accident procedures (operator and driver responsibilities and best practice)
- Reversing vehicles (New HSE guidelines)
The programme will be structured to enable all participants to take an active role and will include scenarios, confirmation of existing knowledge, practical work-related problem solving and compliance-based exercises.
This course is sufficient proof of Professional Competence for Article 21 of EU regs (EC)1071/2009.
Should you need any more information or if you wish to book a course then please email us at [email protected]